621: How Do You Deal with Homelessness? (26 of 30)

I recently shared a post about how homelessness is dealt with in a city by the city putting spikes where they most often congregate. I was reminded of how I would see that in my city growing up and how I knew it wasn't dealing with the bigger issue of why there is homelessness in the first place. I shared the post as a #backtoself sharing - where I was sharing how I can see the spikes as a solution to homelessness reveals how we don't really deal with the core problems in our own life - and asked the questions "where am I doing this too?"

But the real point that is actually bringing it back to self is saying that a city that leaves spikes to push away homelessness is the same as when I am walking down a street and see a homeless person and want to look the other way, don't want to make eye contact, don't want to interact with them whatsoever.

I become extremely uncomfortable, I want to avoid them altogether. Ignoring they are there, pretending it's not real, not at all taking a moment to put myself in their shoes. It's just a turn the other cheek approach.

So how am I any better than a city that puts spikes out to deal with its homelessness?

I'm not and so how can I expect a city or government to be willing to address the issue head-on instead of pushing it out of sight if I'm not even able to in my own day to day life. We have to expect from our people in governement what we expect of ourselves... we must hold ourselves to the same standard.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to turn the other cheek to homelessness as when I see someone who is homeless in the streets, I avoid eye contact, I put my head down, I don't dare to engage with them whatsoever and so within this, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not even address the problem of homelessness and instead want to get away as quickly as possible

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel uncomfortable when facing the reality of homelessness and want to hide from that discomfort by pretending I don't see it, and moving quickly away from it so that I go can back into my reality-bubble where it doesn't exist

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize I must first face and accept there is a problem before I can even change it

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not address and face the fact that homelessness is real for people, it is part of this ONE reality and any one of us could be in the shoes of a homeless person

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect others to deal with homelessness but not be willing to deal with who I am in relation to homelessness within myself

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I am morally superior to a city or government that puts spikes out to deal with homelessness instead of looking at who I am in relation to homelessness and question the nature of that 'who I am' in relation to homelessnes and see if it is the same nature of that of my government

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect my government to act differently towards homelessness but not expect the same from myself

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not hold myself to the same standard of care and taking responsibility that I expect my government to in relation to homelessness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed to expect others to change before I will change

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become physically tense and nervous when seeing homelessness on the streets of my city and to within this, feel a resistance to even facing it

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to face someone who is homeless, and give them the dignity of eye contact and not turn away from them as they are a person, a human being living in a dire situation in this survival system and to treat them how I would want to be treated - with equal respect, consideration, and acknowledgment and to within this, acknowledge a manifested consequence of our collective whole where we let some people live without a home as if that is in any way an acceptable way for life to exist on Earth

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel helpless in relation to homelessness and feel there is nothing I can do when I see someone living on the streets instead of realizing it is a manifested consequence and to a degree there is nothing I can do for what's already been created but when I can do is work on changing myself and who I am in relation to homelessness and encourage others to consider the same thing until enough people in the right positions start to consider changing themselves as well

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize cities and governments are a body of individual people and each have a responsibility within who they are and so I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize the power to changing myself as becoming a living example of what is possible within changing human nature to then support others to do the same, and for them to support others to do the same until we have expanded this process of change to everyone taking responsibility for themselves and implementing REAL solutions as we realize ignorning the problem only perpetuates the problem

When and as I see myself ignoring the reality of homelessness, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that my ignoring it doesn't get rid of it and I will have to address it in order to change it and so I commit myself to breathe when I see someone living on the streets and face the consequence, WE as a society, have created and use that as a reason to change me within society to no longer accept and allow ignorance to create bliss but to face the reality that is here for all

When and as I see myself judging and blaming cities and governments for how they deal with homelessness, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that their nature in dealing with homelessness has been my nature in dealing with homelessness and so I am EQUAL to who they are in what is being accepted and allowed and so I commit myself to take responsibility within my part of the whole that perpetuates an avoiding, resisting, neglecting and ignoring of those in our society that need the most support

When and as I see myself wanting to turn away, and get away from homelessness on the streets of the city, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I am being inhumane in such an acceptance and allowance as those are PEOPLE - real Human Beings being thrown out and let to suffer the consequences of this survival system and so I commit myself to acknowledge, face, embrace and care about those that are living on the streets without a home... to realize it could be me, and to be willing to face those that are without home and treat them as I would want to be treated... acknowledged, recognized as being equal in value and doing whatever I can to support this world to realize the atrocity of one person living without a home

I commit myself to not stop showing my process of change in showing how human nature can change and we don't have to accept and allow what we see out there and we can start changing it by changing ourselves



The Journey to Lifers

Take Responsibility for what is HERE in/as this world, within AND without:

Desteni

DIP Lite Course (FREE)


DIP Pro


Eqafe (Self-Perfecting interviews, books, music, etc)


For your Info:


Destonian Wiki



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

533: When Behaviors and Patterns start to Flare Up

Day 190: Raising my Voice and Running Away - The Truth Revealed

594: Grounding the Feminine