Day 671: Integrity and the Finer Details

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Today I reacted to a co-worker because I sent some document drafts and my co-worker responded with her ‘review’ and it was questioning why things were in there, and basically giving me the corrections needed. I reacted in that moment because I thought how she gets off on that – and I imagined she would talk shit about me later.

I could also see how it was my lack of due diligence that caused so many corrections needed and I could see how my co-worker lives the word integrity. With her work – she does the nitty-gritty work and ensures her work is sound. I don’t and I can see where I would then react to her.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react to A in thinking and believing she wants me to make mistakes

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react to A in thinking she is a goodie two shoes and does everything for praise

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame Afor my mistakes instead of taking responsibility for my mistakes

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe A deliberately wants to make me look bad

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to tthink and believe A can make me look bad instead of taking responsibility for my own work and who I am in the work I do reflects “how I look”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see A’s strength and integrity when it comes to work

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to attempt to diminish Afor who she is instead of realizing she is a great example of living integrity within the context of her work

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame A for her shortcomings and not be willing to see her strengths

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rather focus on A’s faults instead  of considering correcting my own behavior

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not want to put in the time and effort as the nitty-gritty within the work I do

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be impatient with the work that I do and just “want to move through it as fast as I can” instead of realizing how I am separating myself from real-time in attempting to go faster than practical reality as the jobs I have to do

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not yet fully embrace and welcome those tasks I resist as the support to ground myself in my body/physical/beingness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to move faster than practical reality

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not be patient within the work that I do because I feel rushed

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I have to rush through the work that I do

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rush through the work that I do because I think and believe if I do things quicker I can get done faster instead of realizing it’s the same hours in the day I have to work

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist the finer details

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see A as the gift she is in showing how to pay attention to the finer details

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being “called out” for doing less than average work in fear of losing my job

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to do subpar work but to be seen as great

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to praise without putting in the effort

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want the recognition without doing the work

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to compromise for the surface instead of having the foundation of integrity

When and as I see myself reacting to A, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that A is a gift and a key to my self-reflection and that there is a lot about her I can learn from in my own process of self-transformation. I commit myself to thus not get caught up in the reactions I have towards Abut to rather see the slurry of gifts she offers as the reactions I have toward her and I further commit to working with the reactions I have towards A in a practical, constructive way, like I am doing here

When and as I see myself becoming impatient with work and wanting to rush through the work and not slow down to see the finer details, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand this is one of the things I require to strengthen as it is not my strong suit and so I commit myself to slow down when I come across those activities that I resist as “just wanting to get through it” and to rather see the gift as the moment of practice to walk myself through the work and practicing paying attention to the finer details

I commit myself to see others as gifts of self-reflection

I commit myself to realize and understand that those I have the harshest reactions towards are the ones holding the most precious gifts for me

I commit myself to practicing paying attention to the details of life




The Journey to Lifers

Take Responsibility for what is HERE in/as this world, within AND without:
Desteni

DIP Lite Course (FREE)


DIP Pro


Eqafe (Self-Perfecting interviews, books, music, etc)


For your info:


Destonian Wiki

Equal Life Foundation


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

533: When Behaviors and Patterns start to Flare Up

Day 190: Raising my Voice and Running Away - The Truth Revealed

594: Grounding the Feminine