617: Tired at Work? Instant Pick Me Up vs. Sustainable Living (22 of 30)

I had an afternoon at work where I was so tired... my eyes were heavy, I was so inclined to just close them, and I kept thinking about the moment I could go home and go to sleep. It was an uncomfortable experience because I couldn't go anywhere... and my solution to the situation was to eat candy and drink soda as feeding my body the sweets to get the energy I needed. This is not a real solution - it is a temporary, 'treat the symptom' kind of deal instead of looking at why am I tired, am I giving my body the right foods for it's functioning, getting enough water, getting enough physical activity, getting enough sleep? These questions open up a self-investigative process in seeing where do I need to actually change myself in my actions to change my experience during the day?

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fall into the experience of being tired when at work - wherein I sink into that experience, and think about how tired I am, and think about getting home to get some rest instead of stopping and reasserting myself within my physical body

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to easily draw my attention to my mind as future projections and imagination of me getting home and getting into bed within the experience of being so tired... within that, separating myself from the moment as I'm at work, the task I am doing, the people around me and the body that obviously requires me to pay attention to even stay awake

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to just accept the experience of being tired and not attempt to change it but simply accept it as is instead of finding solutions like getting up and taking a walk, or drinking some cold water, or splashing some water on my face

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire an outcome based on an experience as going home and getting into bed instead of accepting the fact that I could not go home, I was at work, that's the reality and so focus then on how to direct myself within it

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to eat sweets and drinks sodas as the temporary 'pick me up' I think I need to get past the sleepy experience instead of realizing this "solution" is not sustainable, it's a quick fix and is not addressing the real reason I am so tired

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to bombard my physical body with sweets to give me a temporary energy charge to keep me moving and to avoid the experience of being sleepy which isn't the most pleasant when you can't sleep, but instead of directing myself in supportive, grounding ways, seek to get the insta-action of sweets

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to push my body beyond what it experiences in a moment as forcing it to wake up with sweets and sodas instead of giving myself something more nutritional and substantial like some fruit

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel sorry for myself when I am sleepy at work, and pining over going home to go to bed instead of stopping in that moment, taking a breath, sitting up straight or getting up to go for a walk, doing something that empowers me in the moments instead of keeps me in the state of sleepiness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not take care for myself to the point where sleepiness is not an issue at work wherein I can get more rest if needed, eat better foods that support my body's functioning, getting more exercise and drinking more water and cutting back on the sweets as that gives me the highs and lows, the jump start and the crash

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to find and implement sustainable solutions that create stability rather than the highs and lows of sweetness and sodas

When and as I see myself getting tired at work, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that this tiredness may be a real experience of my physical body and that I can embrace, but I also see, realize, and understand the mental projections and imaginations of wanting to go home, or feeling sorry for myself for being sleepy at work are not supporting me to move myself out of such a moment and so I commit myself to in such moments to stop and drink some cold water or get up and take a walk or go and  splash some cold water on my face as a point of moving myself to move out of the sleepiness and to wake me up within physical reality

When and as I see myself wanting to feed myself sweets and sodas as a quick pick-me-up when I'm feeling sleepy at work, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that is not a real solution - it is only a temporary high that will follow with a crash and instead I commit myself to look for lasting solutions such as investigating my sleeping and eating habits that may be contributing to my overall physical experience throughout my day and to make the necessary changes to ensure I am providing the right sustenance for my physical body to function at it's optimum



The Journey to Lifers

Take Responsibility for what is HERE in/as this world, within AND without:

Desteni

DIP Lite Course (FREE)


DIP Pro


Eqafe (Self-Perfecting interviews, books, music, etc)


For your Info:


Destonian Wiki



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

533: When Behaviors and Patterns start to Flare Up

Day 190: Raising my Voice and Running Away - The Truth Revealed

697: My Final Entry