542: Emotional vs Practical Decision Making

Recently I had a decision to make wherein the choice before me was pretty clear. I made the pros and cons list and could see one decision what practically, physically best for me, and the other was remaining the same. Despite seeing this there was a fear to make the 'better choice.' I was afraid of how my decision would impact others, assuming it would be for the worst. I was afraid of them getting upset with me because I was changing/moving on, and not staying in the same place. And if I were to allow this fear to grow and manifest as making that decision, I would have only compromised myself and others as well.

How often do we make decisions based on emotions such as fear, then what is practically best for us

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be directed by emotions when making decisions

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to, despite seeing what could be practically best for me, lean towards another direction due to an emotion of fear within me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear making a decision that is best for me due to worrying about how others will see me/think of me, and for me perhaps putting someone else in an uncertain position

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be more concerned with how someone will react to my decision of making a change, than the actual change that could potentially be best for me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be willing to make a decision based on emotional rather than what is physically most practical, and best for me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe it's better for me to protect, and hide from a fear that keeps me in a comfort zone as to not have to face it/walk through it, than make a practical decision to change direction and thus creating a new environment for myself that could open up doors of opportunity

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rather decide on something that will allow me to avoid facing a fear, then walking through a fear to reap greater rewards

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not consider how emotions play a role in my decision making and the consequence that creates for me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize, and understand how I've allowed emotions to play a role in my decision making

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rather compromise myself then face a fear of how others might respond to me - fearing they will not respond well to any changes I make that could be good for me, within this only seeing it could be bad for them and so assume they will not be happy with me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to assume that any changes that I make within my life, and that effect others, will only be bad

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that perhaps in me doing what is best for me, I am also doing what is best for others/all

I forgive myself that I have not allowed myself see, realize, and understand the interconnectedness of life, wherein who I am and what I do has an effect on those around me and so within this I forgive myself that I have not allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that the more ideal outcome would be for me to act within principles of self-honesty, responsibility, and self-development where in pushing myself to face my fears, and not cower from them to just hide in a comfort zone that compromises me and limits me - thus this being an example for others, instead of living an utmost potential

I forgive myself that I have not allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that perhaps in my standing up for my own well being as what is best for me, practically, and in self-honesty, I am supporting others equally to stand up within their own self-honesty - where when I change, others have the change and thus I am taking responsibility for the impact I have in this world, as it is not only on myself - it's on those around me

When and as I see myself moving away from a decision that is most practical, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that if I am not embracing practicality of life, working directly with the physical, then I am influenced by some emotion or feeling and so I commit myself to investigate what is directing me when I'm not allowing myself to direct myself physically, practically and to remove the emotions or feelings with self-forgiveness to clear my seeing as the direction that is best for me

When and as I see myself fearing to face my fears and use this as an excuse to not make the most practical decision, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that to run from my fears keeps me the same, and there is no growth in remaining within fear and so I commit myself to embrace the fears, and face them head on with the tools I have to support myself to do so - writing, self-honesty, self-responsibility, and self-forgiveness, and common sense

When and as I see myself fearing to make others unhappy through making a decision that is practically best for me, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I have the tendency to assume the worst, and am influenced by the idea that me changing is bad for others and so I commit myself to live the realization that I better serve and support others when I am self-honest with myself, and directing myself and my life in ways that are practically best for me and I am supporting others to do the same



Featured Artwork by: Desteni Artists

The Journey to Lifers

Take Responsibility for what is HERE as this world, within AND without:

Desteni

DIP Lite Course (FREE)


DIP Pro


Eqafe (Self Perfecting interviews, books, music, etc)


For your Info:


Destonian Wiki



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

533: When Behaviors and Patterns start to Flare Up

Day 190: Raising my Voice and Running Away - The Truth Revealed

697: My Final Entry