514: Accept the Things You Cannot Change

I'm sure most of us know the serenity prayer. It was something I used to say a lot during certain times in my life. Some parts I see now are more practical then how I once used them. For those that are not familiar with it, here is the short, most well-known version:

"God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." (there is a longer version I am now seeing is much more practical, and thus perhaps more blogs to come on that.)

For now though - this part in particular, "...accept the things I cannot change," which is like accepting that there are things in this world I cannot change, and one of those things for me that I must accept is that I cannot change other people. And while I might want to, or wish they would change themselves, this indicate I am not fully engaging within my own self-change. And so rather than attempting to, and using up my time, and energy, and focus to wish others would change, and to attempt to force others to change... I must accept that each are responsible for themselves, just as I am responsible for me. And the only power in which I have at the moment as change, is within myself. And to spend any time expecting, wanting, wishing, and even demanding that others change is quite futile.

If we can grasp this one point within humanity, there would be a massive change. Everyone would stop pointing the finger, focusing on other people, blaming and judging. We would be more busy with our own self - who we are in relation to everything, and to all people... and taking responsibility for that person as the one we actually have the power to change. Would there be wars? Conflict? Hate? I'm sure not.

So grant yourself the ability to change that which you can, YOURSELF, and the ability to accept that you cannot change other people. Imagine if you were to let go of that one point... I'm sure for some quite a weight would be lifted off their shoulders. And in that, the gift... when you change yourself, you become a living example for others, and thus support others to change. The gift of SELF-ForGiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want others to change

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to wish others would change as I have changed

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become frustrated when I see people not changing

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that changing is easy and others should be able to change in which I have changed

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to wish others could see how simple change could be and so live change themselves

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want others to change because then I wouldn't experience frustration - basically wanting others to change so I don't experience frustration when the precise point here is for ME to change the frustration within/as me so then it no longer matters if another changes or not, because I remain stable

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think others should change when I change or in ways I have changed

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge others who don't change themselves

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to focus more on others not changing, then my own self-change

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize and understand that if I am becoming frustrated at others for not changing, that implies I MUST CHANGE

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not accept the fact that I cannot change others

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize the power is only within me to change

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect others to change before I change myself

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that others wont change until I change myself

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that change for me did not come easily and took many years to walk through many layers of my own mind, as my own consciousness constructs, to get to a point of real change and so I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to give others the space and time to do the same - to walk their process, to face their mind, and to substantiate themselves enough to where change becomes more natural

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use others not changing as an excuse to go into reactions within myself - revealing so nicely there are areas within myself/my life I am not changing

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to make change about me - about who I am in relation to ALL of existence as the source from which change emerge

When and as I see myself expecting others to change as defining change as easy, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that it took me many years to create myself as change, and the process was not always easy, and so I commit myself to bring through this understanding when I see others living their life - to give them the space and time to change, as I gave to myself

When and as I see myself wishing others would change, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that I do not have the power to change other people, without changing myself and so I commit myself to keep my focus and attention on myself as that which I have the power to change

When and as I see myself becoming frustrated by others not changing, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize and understand that this frustration implies I am not utilizing my own resources for self-change, and instead focusing on something outside of myself that I have no control over. And so I commit myself to utilize my resources as my time, energy, and attention to change myself and thus become a living example for others as how one can change oneself

I commit myself the live the serenity prayer as an application of physical living... wherein I stop thoughts of expectations of others, and back chats as to why people don't change and instead live breath by breath to change myself - making that my focus daily, and my purpose in support of what is best for all

I commit myself to stop any and all thoughts of wanting and wishing others would change, and rather bring it back to myself in seeing where can I specify my change - where can I take that which I see in others that I want them to change, and apply it to myself/my own life

I commit myself to realizing the power I have is within/as myself and who I am, and how I live influence those around me and so I commit myself to shape myself within the context of what is best for all and thus influence others within the same point... that change is possible, yet it starts within ourselves

I commit myself to supporting others to change through living change myself

I commit myself to living in such a way where humanity can see change is possible, and there is way to real, physical, practical change that is best for all and that to do that we must start with ourselves












Featured Artwork: Desteni Artists

The Journey to Lifers


Take Responsibility for what is HERE as this world, within AND without:

Desteni

DIP Lite Course (FREE)


DIP Pro


Eqafe (Self Perfecting interviews, books, music, etc)


For your Info:


Destonian Wiki



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

533: When Behaviors and Patterns start to Flare Up

Day 190: Raising my Voice and Running Away - The Truth Revealed

697: My Final Entry